Social Media and Video Recording Policies - updated Spring 2022
Video Recording Policy
According to Skate Canada: “There is no written Skate Canada policy that would prohibit the video recording of a skating session, however all of the members that are on the ice must be informed of the video recording and their parents must agree in writing to have the session video recorded. There are many concerned parents that do not wish to have their children filmed, so it is very important that permission from all parents be obtained.”
The policy of the Chatham Skating Club provides for video recording of one’s own children.
Social Media Policy
The purpose of this policy is to safeguard the organization’s integrity, image and branding and is applicable to all Chatham Skating Club stakeholders. This policy is not intended to interfere with the private lives of our employees, volunteers, board or team members or impinge on the right to freedom of speech. As representatives of CSC, all parties are required to exercise good judgment in their use of social media and conduct themselves in a responsible and respectful manner when contributing and interacting in online spaces. “Social media” should be understood in its broadest interpretation to include but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs, electronic newsletters, online forums and other sites and services that permit users to share information with others in a contemporaneous matter. Official use refers to anyone posting on behalf of the organization. Personal use refers to posts about CSC through a personal, non-affiliated account of an employee, volunteer, board, parent or athlete member. CSC employees, volunteers, board, parent and athlete members are free to publish or comment via social media in accordance with this policy.
- The purpose of using social media channels on behalf of CSC is to support the organization’s mission, goals, programs, efforts and events, including news, information, content and objectives
- When posting on behalf of CSC, refrain from reporting, speculation, discussion or giving opinions on skating topics or personalities that could be considered sensitive, confidential or disparaging
- Confidential or proprietary information that has been shared with you should not be publicized on social media channels
- Users are not permitted to post information, photos or other representations of inappropriate behaviour, or items that could be interpreted as demeaning or inflammatory. All communications will be respectful of others. This includes the obvious (no ethnic slurs, offensive comments, defamatory comments, personal insults and obscenity) but also proper consideration of privacy of objectionable topics, such as politics and religion.
- CSC’s social media channels are to be used for positive interaction. Refrain from posting negative or critical comments about or relating to athletes, officials, coaches, staff or organizations.
- When posting on behalf of CSC, professionalism and quality must be maintained. This includes the use of proper grammar, syntax, style and accuracy of information in all posts.
- Posters will not use social media to promote goods or services not affiliated with CSC.
- Material posted on CSC media platforms that does not follow the Social Media Policy, will be promptly removed or the individual who posted on an affiliated account will be asked to remove said post. It is not the intent of CSC to police accounts, so please, stay positive, humble and professional.
Guidelines for posting:
If you see a misrepresentation of CSC in the media, you may point it out and report it to the Board. Conversations are encouraged, but if you feel the values of CSC are being contradicted, please address the issue immediately.
If an error is made, correct it quickly and if you modify an earlier post, make it known that you have done so. If accused of posting something incorrect, seek official response from the Board and correct immediately.
Recommendations to effectively promote CSC across social platforms:
- Encourage others to share CSC content
- Use relevant hashtags
- Keep content fresh
- Use photos and videos to increase interaction on posts
- Include links to websites or other external posts
- Respond to comments in a timely manner and in a positive fashion
- Pose questions to stimulate discussions
- Commenting and retweeting is important, but don’t flood timeline
Bottom Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content