FAQ's: What comes after CanSkate?
Once your child has progressed through CanSkate, they move into STARSkate which offers opportunities for skaters of all ages to develop fundamental figure skating skills in the areas of dance, skills, free skate and artistic skating.
(1) What is the cost difference between CanSkate & STARSkate?
- In CanSkate your skating fee includes the ice time and the coaching fees.
- In STARSkate, your skating fee only covers the ice time when your skater skates and YOU, as the parent, will now pay for the private coach.
- Your skater MUST be directly connected to a Private Coach (who will ensure that you and your skater will be informed of the details of the STARSkate Program).
- Fees for STARSkate sessions run by a Private Coach will be at the discretion of the Coach. If run by the Skating Club, fees will be at the discretion of the Club.
- The fee for a Private Coach is set by the Coach.
(2) Where and How do I pay for STARSkate?
- Ask at the CanSkate table or approach a member of the Chatham Skating Club Board of Directors and they will explain the details for you.
(3) How do I choose a Private Coach for my Skater?
- Skaters who are in the STARskate program must begin looking for their own professional coach. Refer to the Professional Coaches page on the website for a list of coaches who provide instruction within our club. You might also find it helpful to speak with parents of other STARSkaters.
(4) How do I choose the correct ice time for my skater?
- In consultation with your Professional Coach
(5) What is Group StarSkate?
- This program offers instruction in the STARSkate program but in a format that the skaters are already familiar with from the CanSkate program. Skaters will work with a dedicated coach in a small group format
(6) Can my skater be in both the Group STARSkate Program and have a Private Coach?
- YES! ☺
- Your STARSkater must have a private coach.